28 June 2018
I believe our students are our future. Each of our students has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. Teaching is an important and honorable occupation that demands commitment. There are miracles, learning, healing, laughters, sharing and love every day in classrooms all around the world. A teacher has the opportunity to impact on students’ lives in a positive way; this is a huge privilege that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
As a dedicated teacher, i will endeavor to uphold the following:
- Ensure the student learning needs are the primary focus of attention.
- Hold a positive regard for all students and ensure that respect is maintained within the classroom at all times.
- Believe in the ability of all students to learn, expect all students to learn and convey this expectation to individuals, the class and the community.
- Create a classroom that is welcoming, positive and fair environment where all students learn from one another and feel safe and comfortable to share their thoughts and ideas.
- Establish high, however not unreachable, standards and provide support to students to reach those standards.
- A need to acknowledge that individual learning outcomes may be different.
- Ensure my students are actively engaged in learning experiences which deal with issues which they regard as important in their lives.
- Provide specific and meaningful positive feedback and encouragement to my students as it is important to me that my students build up their confidence and develop intrinsic motivation.
- Monitor individual student learning and plan according to the needs of individuals, groups and the whole class.
- Foster independent learning.
- Expect students to take responsibility for their learning.
- Model what is to be expected of the students.
- Continually reflect on my practice and demonstrate my commitment to lifelong learning by seeking out appropriate collegial support and furthering my own professional development.
- Hold myself accountable to high standards of performance and continually seek improvement in present and future performance.
- Make a difference in my nursery community by working as part of a team with my colleagues and sharing my knowledge and skills whenever I can.